Breaking News

Meet the Rivian & Cybertruck Alternative: Bollinger B2 Electric Truck

While electric pickup trucks used to be non-existent, companies all across the spectrum are suddenly showing off their up and coming models for consumers to salivate over. While big names such as Rivian and Tesla continue to nab the headlines, they are far from the only exciting electric trucks on the verge of hitting the market. When it comes to overall power and utility, Bollinger and its B2 electric pickup truck are easily among the most impressive.

Bollinger B2 Electric Pickup Truck

At this year’s Los Angeles Auto Show, Bollinger found itself with a prime spot outside of one of the main exhibit halls. Talk about a great place to show off the newest iterations of its electric B1 SUV and B2 pickup truck.

Touted as the world’s first all-electric off-road and on-road trucks, these beasts are extremely utilitarian in design. Their simplistic, boxy style and minimalist designs are not filled with touchscreens and digital buttons. Compared to today’s usual preferences, they are not visually attractive. But that minimalism is also part of their appeal.

The Bollinger B1 and B2 vehicles are workhorses, Class 3 medium trucks built to leave other big competitors like Ford and Chevy in the dust. These are one-ton trucks with dual motors that pump out 614 horsepower and can go from 0 to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds, reaching a max speed of 100 mph. They are capable of both high and low range, have an adjustable 10″ to 15″ of ground clearance, and boast a 5,000 lb payload capacity. With 668 lb-ft of torque and a 7,500 lb towing capacity, the B1 and B2 will be able to haul a heavy load and conquer troublesome terrain with ease. The B1 and B2 also come with a unique mid-gate design that provides access to a storage area under the hood for the transport of extra-long cargo.

All of that power comes from a massive 120 kWh battery pack. That should be enough to provide you with over 200 miles of regular driving or around 10 hours of off-roading on a single charge. If that was not enough for you, each truck packs a 15 kW inverter. That means that you can plug in your phone chargers and power tools into any one of a dozen 110V outlets built right into the truck.

Not For Everyone

As expected, these trucks will not be for everyone. Bollinger Motors started out as a passion project for a talented business owner who wanted to create the best trucks possible after recognizing the flaws of traditional trucks on his farm. While they might not be the sort of thing you see driving down a suburban street, the demographic these trucks are built for will find them to be invaluable additions to their homes, farms, and businesses.

During an interview with, Bollinger CEO Robert Bollinger said that he wants to target adventure enthusiasts with a desire to be different. “Our trucks are crazy equipped and crazy different,” he said in the interview. “People either love them or hate them.”

Coming Soon

According to Bollinger, the company has enough orders to fill most of its first year of production. About 80 percent of those orders are for the B1 SUV, while the remaining 20 percent are for the pickup. Current production is ramping up, and the company plans on starting deliveries for pre-orders in early 2021.

Interested in getting your hands on one? Better be prepared to hand over $125,000 for either model.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *